Be bold and be beautiful
- Food Scale (Recommended)
- Quality Burr Grinder (Recommended)
- 55 Grams of your favorite Kamiak Coffee (Coarsely ground if you dont have a grinder)
- 32 fl oz French Press
- 950 Grams of good tasting water (Roughly 4 Cups)
- We recommend a 1:16 coffee to water ratio by weight (Adjust recipe as needed)
- Heat water to 195' - 205' F if you're using an electronic temperature controlled kettle. If not, bring water to a boil
- Rinse and warm your french press with 50 grams of the hot water. Keep the remaining 900g heating
- Grind your Kamiak Coffee to a coarse grind size (coarse sea salt esq)
- Add grounds to French Press carafe and shake to level
- If you boiled the water, remove from heating element and let sit for 30 seconds to bring the temperature down to about 200' F
- Pour half of the water onto the grounds. Give the coffee a gentle stir to promote even extraction.
- Fill the carafe with the remaining water and give it one more gentle stir
- Replace the lid and plunger. DO NOT PLUNGE. Let steep for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes of steeping, gently plunge the coffee with even pressure.
- Serve and enjoy. Avoid leaving leftover coffee in the French Press to avoid over extraction for a second cup!